Thai cucumber saladFrom njeanne 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1Tablespoon Taste of Thai garlic chili pepper Sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 english cucumber, unpeeled and sliced thin shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion shopping list
- garnish: 3 Tablespoons chopped mint, 3 Tablespoons chopped peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, water, chili pepper sauce and salt. Stir, cook over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved
- Add cucumbers and onion to appropriately sized dish that will allow all the cucumber mixture to be covered with marinade.
- Pour vinegar mixture over the vegetables and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with mint and peanuts.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooknjeanne Charlottetown, CA
The Rating6 people
made this today - its in the fridge chilling - the smell is great - I added a little extra vinegar and since I didn't have the extact match for the chili garlic sauce I used a hot thai chili sauce and added some garlic to it came out pretty good - Im...moreravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
so delicious. it's even better a day later. it's funny you say that njeanne, b/c i'm getting ready to prepare it for a potluck dinner right now!kristennicole in Atlanta loved it
This dish is a great addition to satay chicken skewers. I don't add all the sugar to begin with and add it to taste. I do add the mint straightaway to sit in the marinade. I agree it's better the next day. I also add avocado sometimes when servin...morenanny22 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!