Steamed Mocha PuddingFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- ½ cup unsalted butter, soft shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- ½ cup cocoa powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp hot coffee (plus more, as required) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a large, deep saucepan by placing a trivet in the bottom and filling the pot 1/2 way with water.
- Grease a 3 ½ cup dish or bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
- Separately, sift together cocoa, baking powder and flour. Fold into the creamed mixture.
- Dissolve the espresso powder in the coffee. Add to above.
- Batter should be of "drop" consistency. If batter is too thick, pour in 1-2 tbsp more coffee.
- Pour into the prepared dish, levelling the top.
- Cover the dish tightly with a piece of lightly greased foil, sealing with elastic bands if necessary.
- Place in prepared saucepan, cover the pot and steam 1 ½ hours, topping up the water when necessary.
- Turn out of the dish immediately onto a serving plate.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth447 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members