extra large Chocolate Chip cookiesFrom jumpingjack 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp cream of Tarter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 12oz bag (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- additional granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugars, butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs one egg at a time, beating well after each.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt.
- Add dry mixture to the creamed sugars, blend well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- To make the cookies, form 1/4 cup of dough into a ball and roll in additional sugar and place on grease baking sheet.
- With fingertips, press each cookie ball into a 4" circle.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 18 Giant cookies