vegan saag paneerFrom vilerat 9 years ago
- 2.5C white onion, lg. dice shopping list
- 6-8 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 lg. collard leaves, chopped med. shopping list
- 8-10oz spinach shopping list
- 2t cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2.5t garam masala shopping list
- 1t ground pepper shopping list
- 7-8oz drained, cubed tofu shopping list
- 4-5 med. tomatoes, lg. dice shopping list
- 1/4 kelp leaf, rough chop shopping list
- 1/4C canola oil shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- for the most part, stir this well while cooking. it lets one cook at a higher heat without worrying about burning anything. just stir every couple of minutes or lower temp and stir less often but for longer.
- cook collard leaves with some water for about 15 min, (covered, so they don't dry out. dry out=bad) until tender. while its cooking, its good time to prep the other ingredients.
- when done, put into a bowl off to the side.
- add 1/2 of the oil to the pot, heat, add diced onions.
- When almost tender, add garlic.
- cook for a couple of minutes.
- add collard greens, kelp, tomatoes.
- cook for 10-15 minutes.
- add spinach, stir well, cover and leave sitting for 5 mins.
- add cayenne pepper and garam masala.
- put mixture in blender and blend some, leaving some texture.
- gradually add the olive oil at this point (kind of like a pesto). add the black pepper at the end, mixing (while still very hot) with the tofu.
- enjoy :D
- SUBSTITUTIONS: no collards=all spinach. no kelp? leave it out.
The Cookvilerat Saint Louis, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!