Grilled Chicken - Ga NuongFrom akross 7 years ago
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 - 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp canola or other neutral oil shopping list
- 2 - 3/4 lbs chicken thighs, deboned and well trimmed shopping list
How to make it
- To make the marinade, in a bowl large enough to accommodate the chicken, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, and oil and mix well. Add the chicken pieces and use your fingers to massage the marinade into the flesh, distributing the seasonings as evenly as possible. When possible, peel back the skin to get some marinade between the flesh and skin. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- If necessary, remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire (you can hold your hand over the rack for only 3 to 4 seconds) or preheat a gas grill to medium (higher heat on a gas grill tends to burn the skin).
- Place the chicken, skin side down, on the grill rack and grill, turning regularly to ensure even cooking, for about 12 minutes total, or until browned, a little singed by fire, and opaque throughout. Transfer to a plate and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into strips a scant 1/2 inch thick.