Lentil SoupFrom deliathecrone 5 years ago
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- organic olive oil shopping list
- 6 cubes vegan vegetable stock cubes, divided - or 12 cups of your own veggie broth shopping list
- 12 cups water (omit if using broth) shopping list
- 1 small bag of lentils shopping list
- 1/2 large bag of collard greens, or a whole bag of baby spinach shopping list
- 4 whole ripe tomatoes - skinned, seeded and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Saute, on medium high heat, onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft and lightly browned.
- Take two of the stock cubes and crumble on to onions. Stir until dissolved, to flavor onions and garlic.
- Add water and remaining stock cubes.
- (If using broth in place of stock cubes, don't worry about flavoring the onions and garlic; your own broth will have plenty of flavor for everything.)
- Rinse lentils, ensuring that all dirt and stones are removed and add to soup.
- Add washed collard greens or spinach. Cook for approximately half an hour to 45 minutes until lentils are fully cooked and greens are wilted.
- Add chopped tomatoes, and heat through, about 10 munites.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!