Lemon Lime Encrusted Chicken BreastFrom lindseym_1 8 years ago
- 6 chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 fresh lemons shopping list
- 2 fresh limes shopping list
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (for marinating does not have to be fresh) shopping list
- 1/4 honey shopping list
- salt + pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate chicken for 1 hr. in 1/2 cup lemon juice, buttermilk, salt, and pepper.
- Zest the lemons, and limes and add to breadcrumbs and add more salt and pepper ( I put it all in one of those shake'n'bake bags)
- In a shallow dish combine honey and the fresh lemon and lime juices (here is a good time to test how sweet/sour you want your chicken to be)
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and dip into the juice mixture
- Place chicken in the bag and shake (1 or 2 at a time works best)
- Place breadcrumb covered chicken on a raised baking pan and cook for 40min in a 350 degree oven.
- For Extra crispy chicken repeat the dipping steps once more
- You could also substitute breadcrumbs for Panko (Japanese breadcrumb)
The Cooklindseym_1 Pickering, CA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!