Swiss SteakFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 1 round steak (approximately 1 1/2 pounds), see note shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- all-purpose flour, for dusting shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips shopping list
How to make it
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Season, to taste, with garlic powder and salt and pepper. Dust meat with flour. In heavy skillet, brown both sides of meat in vegetable oil. Transfer to Dutch oven. Combine garlic, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and 1 tomato-can measure of water. Pour over steak and simmer over low heat until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours adding water, if necessary to keep meat partially covered. Season, to taste, with additional salt and pepper. Hint: Cook this in a slow-cooker, according to manufacturers instructions, on low for a most fabulous dinner. Low heat on a slow cooker is about 200 degrees F and high heat on a slow cooker is about 300 degrees F.
- Note: to ensure tenderness, it is necessary to have the butcher run the round steak through a cuber.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!