Bacon-Wrapped Pork and Apple PattiesFrom cheryilyn 9 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground pork shopping list
- ¾ C. quick-cooking rolled oats shopping list
- ½ tsp ground sage shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- ¼ tsp dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1/3 C. applesauce shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- ¼ C. minced green onion shopping list
- 4 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 large tart green apple, cored and cut in thin wedges shopping list
- ½ med onion, cut in small wedges shopping list
- 1 T. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine oats, sage, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Stir in applesauce, egg and green onion; mix well.
- Stir in ground pork until well blended.
- Form into 4 patties about ¾ to 1“ thick.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each patty; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill or broil 4-5 min on each side.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet, cook and stir apples and onions in hot oil until tender. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Serve with patties