Nebraska Carrot Ice Cream Cake with Marscapone IcingFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bake cake mix according to package directions using a tube pan.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes then unmold and cool completely.
- When cake is cool cut in half horizontally with serrated knife.
- Set bottom layer of cake on a serving platter cut side up and spread cut side of cake with ice cream and cover with top layer of cake cut side down.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until ice cream is firm.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cream, cheese, sifted powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Remove cake from freezer and drizzle with Mascarpone icing.
- Return to freezer for 1 hour wrapped lightly in plastic wrap.
- To serve remove cake from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut into 10 equal wedges.
- Garnish as desired.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
Oh my good googly moogly! This one sounds amazing...especially if you did the carrot cake from scratch! And the mascarpone sends it right over the TOP!
A good one for the summer time,for sure...--Kn0x--knoxcop in Knoxville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!