Coconut Shrimp And Curry Scallops On Jasmati Fried Rice And Sweet Petite PeasFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 2 c. freshly cooked cold basmati, jasmati or kasmati rice shopping list
- 1 c. frozen petite peas shopping list
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- 16 medium shrimp shopping list
- 12-16 medium scallops shopping list
- One-half cup tempura batter mix shopping list
- One-third cup shredded coconut shopping list
- One-fourth cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1-2 quarts frying oil shopping list
- cilantro and seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp. Mix the tempura batter with water to a pancake-batter consistency. Add the curry powder to the butter. Preheat frying oil to 350 degrees.
- Place scallops in a casserole dish and brush them with the curry butter. Bake scallops at 375 degrees for 8 to10 minutes.
- Dip the shrimp in the tempura batter then dredge them in the coconut. Place the shrimp in the frying oil and cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Keep warm in low oven
- in a pre-heated pan :
- around twice with sesame oil
- add cold rice
- frozen petite peas
- cook quickly over high heat.
- on a long platter place the rice and peas down the center
- shrimp on one side
- scallops on other
- toasted sesame seeds sprinked on rice
- garnish with cilantro and emeril's bam
- optional: serve with braised baby bok choy on the side
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Oh I love this recipe. It sounds so good and very original too. Wish you'd posted a picture though, would've been so nice to see it all come together on a platter - gorgeous I bet :)danadooley in Singapore loved it
i love it!!!!andreac in Cape Town loved it