Wild Mushroom Four Cheese Mashed PotatoesFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 6 medium russet baking potatoes peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with some green tops shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated fresh asiago cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm milk shopping list
- Additional shredded cheese for sprinkling on top optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until very tender then drain in colander.
- Return potatoes to pot and mash with potato masher.
- While potatoes are cooking heat butter in 10-inch skillet until melted.
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook until tender about 4 minutes.
- Stir cheeses into hot potatoes until smooth.
- Add milk to make a creamy consistency then stir in mushroom mixture.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Serve immediately.