Bread PuddingFrom deliathecrone 5 years ago
- 4 cups milk or cream* shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons good vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 4 cups cubed stale egg bread or use oatmeal bread shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins (you can use currants, if you'd rather) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup almond slivers, toasted shopping list
- *Even though I'm lactose-intolerant, I can eat this if I take a lactose pill before eating. The honey in place of sugar allows me to have as much as I want, since I'm allergic to processed sugar as well. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the milk, eggs, vanilla and honey in a large mixing bowl. Beat together well.
- Add in the bread and let this soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the raisins and spices. Mix well and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the pudding is set and lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the toasted almonds on top.
- Serve slightly warm.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!