French Provincial Beef StewFrom deedeec 7 years ago
- 2 lbs stew beef shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 3 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- bouquet garni *see note shopping list
- thin strip of orange peel shopping list
- 2 slices bacon, cut in strips shopping list
- 2 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 onions, halved and quartered shopping list
- 2 oz mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 Tbs parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pint beef stock shopping list
- 12 pitted black olives shopping list
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef in large cubes, if not already done. Marinate 3-4 hours in wine, oil, bouquet garni, and orange peel.
- In a dutch oven fry bacon until soft, add carrots, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, parsley and seasoning. Stir, then cover and cook very gently for 5-10 min.
- Add beef and marinade and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and place in a 275°F oven for 2 1/2- 3 hours.
- Add olives 30 minutes before cooking time is complete.
- Remove bouquet garni and orange peel.
- Serve hot over egg noodles or rigatoni or rice.
- *Bouquet Garni
- Wrap the following in cheese cloth and tie with cooking twine.
- Small bunch of parsley or parsley stems, 8 sprigs of thyme, 1 bay leaf, 2 or 3 celery leaves
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!