DoughnutsFrom fivecutekids 7 years ago
- Rhodes Texas rolls or Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- glaze and chocolate icing shopping list
- choice of toppings shopping list
- glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup water and 4 cups powdered sugar, mix well. shopping list
- chocolate icing: shopping list
- Bring to boil 1/2 cup butter, 6 tablespoons milk, 4 tablespoons cocoa. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3 cups powdered sugar. shopping list
How to make it
- Poke holes in roll centers with both index fingers and stretch to form large openings. If using dinner rolls, press 2 together well and then stretch with fingers. Place doughnuts on a large sprayed baking sheet. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let double in size. Pour oil two inches deep into small sauce pan or electric fry pan and heat to medium. Remove wrap and fry doughnuts on each side (about 15 seconds) until golden. Remove with a fork and place on paper towel.
- Drop into glaze and coat both sides. Place on waxed paper. For chocolate doughnuts, dip into icing and coat one side. Quickly sprinkle with toppings.
The Cookfivecutekids Murray, UT
The Rating4 people
Never made doughnuts this way works for me and so Easy. Thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Be still my heart, could doughnuts really be THIS easy to make?sunny in Portland loved it
Man... this takes using those canned biscuits up a notch! Or two, or three... OMG this is a great idea. Thanks!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!