Mixed Vegetable SkilletFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 6 tablespoons salad oil shopping list
- 1 small eggplant (3/4 lb.), peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick and halved shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally, 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- Minced parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy skillet. Add eggplant. Fry, turning once or twice, until lightly browned and tender. Remove, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add zucchini, green pepper, onion and garlic. Saute until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in eggplant, tomatoes, salt, basil and black pepper. Simmer about 5 minutes, tossing gently until hot. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with chopped parsley.