Slow Cooker Old-World Corned Beef and VegetablesFrom free2beme36 8 years ago
- Slow Cooker Old-World corned beef and vegetables shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds medium new potatoes, (about 8), cut in half shopping list
- 2 cups baby-cut carrots shopping list
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions, thawed shopping list
- 1 corned beef brisket (3 to 3 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 1 shopping list
How to make it
- . Mix potatoes, carrots and onions in 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- 2. Thoroughly rinse corned beef; discard seasoning packet. Place beef on vegetables; sprinkle with pepper. Mix 1/2 cup water and the Worcestershire sauce; pour over beef.
- 3. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- 4. Remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker; cover to keep warm. Pour juices from slow cooker into 1-quart saucepan; heat to boiling. Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Serve sauce with beef and vegetables.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
- Prep Time:15 min
- Start to Finish:9 hr 15 min
- Makes:10 servings
The Cookfree2beme36 Gaston, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!