Fresh Corn BreadFrom wdsdy 7 years ago
- 5 ears fresh corn shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons bacon drippings shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons sugar, more or less to suit your taste shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Cut corn from cobs, scraping cobs to remove the pulp.
- Combine scraped corn, eggs, milk, bacon drippings, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir well.
- Gradually stir in flour.
- Heat a well-greased cast-iron-skillet in oven until very hot, about 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into hot skillet, and put in oven, increasing heat to 425-degrees.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour batter into hot skillet
The Cookwdsdy GA
- Not added to any groups yet!