Pasta with Pine Nuts Raisins and TomatoesFrom deliathecrone 9 years ago
- 1 pound penne rigate, cooked al dente shopping list
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves, thickly sliced shopping list
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1¼ cups raisins, soaked in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes, drained, water discarded shopping list
- ¾ cup pine nuts (pignoli) shopping list
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced tomatoes, (approximately 4 -5 tomatoes) shopping list
- 4½ tablespoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 4½ tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh mint shopping list
- Grated zest of one lemon shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 5 tablespoons Italian-style bread crumbs, toasted shopping list
- 5 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large sauté pan set on medium high heat until sizzling (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, raisins and pine nuts. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, parsley, basil, mint, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce. Cook until pasta is coated with the sauce, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta in the pan with bread crumb mixture.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir well.
- To make toasted bread crumbs, heat a nonstick pan over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs. Reduce the heat to low and stir well for 1-2 minutes, until bread crumbs start to brown. Pour bread crumbs on a plate to cool, until ready to use.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!