Creamy Stovetop Macaroni And CheeseFrom tiffi24 6 years ago
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked according to package directions shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups whole milk or skim milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard shopping list
- 12-16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese(medium , sharp or extra-sharp, 3-4 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- In skillet on medium heat, melt butter; quickly whisk in flour to form a paste.
- Immediately add milk, whisking constantly, to form a smooth medium white sauce.
- Cook until mixture gently boils and sauce thickens, adding a little more milk to make the sauce the consistency of gravy.
- Add mustard and cheese, stirring to mix.
- Cook until cheese melts and sauce is creamy.
- Reduce heat to low and add macaroni, stirring to mix well and heat macaroni.
The Cooktiffi24 Export, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!