Mashed Plantains ManguFrom dcruzarelli 8 years ago
How to make it
- Peel the plantains and cut into 8 pieces
- Place the plantains,water and the salt in a pan.Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes, until plantains are tender then lower heat(leave plantains in pot we will need the water it was boiled in)
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, sautee the onions until translucent, add some salt and the vinegar.
- Take the Plantains out of the water(1 pce out a time) and mash them with a fork. add the butter and some of the reserved boiled water and keep mashing. Take some more plantains and repeat this process until it is very smooth.
- Serve with onions.
- Can also be served with Fried or scrambled eggs,Fried White Cheese and/or Dominican Salami(yummy)
- Any combination of these yummy food will make you feel as you have gone on a trip to DR while still remaining in your kitchen.
The Cookdcruzarelli 11214
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!