20 Minute Shepherds Pie - VERY GOODFrom theresal 8 years ago
- 2 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 Tbs. softened cream cheese shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream, shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan shopping list
- 1 3/4 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 carrot, grated shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock or broth shopping list
- 3 tea worcestershire shopping list
- 1/2 cup forzen peas, a couple of handfuls shopping list
- 1 tea sweet paprika shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and put them into a bowl. Combine cream cheese, egg yolk and cream. Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash or use a mixer until potatoes are almost smooth. (To make really smooth potatoes, use a ricer first, then add the cream mixture to the potatoes and stir)
- While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to hot pan with beef. Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 5 minutes. Add grated carrots and onion to the meat. Cook vegies with meat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. in a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and worchestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minute. Add gravy to meat and vegies. stir in peas.
- Preheat broiler to high. fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegie mixture. Spoon potatoes over meat evenly. Top potatoes with paprika and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until potatoes are evenly browned. Top casserole dish with chopped parsley and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- trigger MA
- whitejasmine Sel, MY
- theresal Littleton, CO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktheresal Littleton, CO
The Rating2 people
Thsi looks like anouther wonderful recipe, tahnk you for posting it.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
I love using a ricer first when making any type of mashed potato For garlic mashed potatoes I roast a full head of garlic and pass it through the ricer, then I pass the potatoes through and they clean out the garlic for me.
Mic...moretrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!