Roast ChickenFrom lizbeth 8 years ago
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tsps plus ! tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 plus 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 8 free-range chicken leg quarters, skinned, fat trimmed shopping list
- 2 lbs potatoes small or quartered shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 lemon quartered, unpeeled shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the salt, half the thyme, the 2 teaspoons olive oil, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Rub the chicken with the thyme mixture and place in a large roasting pan. Place the potatoes, onion, garlic, the remaining 1 tsp thyme, the 1 tbsp olive oil, and the remaining 1/2 tsp pepper in a large bowl; toss to combine. Arrange the potato mixture around the chicken. Place lemon quarters on the chicken. Roast at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Check to see if chicken is cooked through, and cook for 15 minutes longer if necessary. Remove lemon and discard. Arrange on platter and serve.
- My family takes it right out of the roasting pan.
The Cooklizbeth Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
This is the kind of recipe I like -- one pan for cooking And serving and it sounds delish. I'll be sure to make it. Thx. Lizbeth! High 5 from me!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Hi Lizbeth; this sounds like a great recipe!toleliz in Burlington loved it
I would like to try this with a whole chicken!!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!