Cod Fish SaladFrom dcruzarelli 6 years ago
- 1-1/Lb of salted Codfish shopping list
- 3-4 potatoes((boiled to a firm texture cooled and chopped) shopping list
- 1- Large red onion (peeled and sliced into rings) shopping list
- 3 - Hard boiled eggs (shelled cooled and sliced) shopping list
- 2 Medium tomatoes (Chopped) shopping list
- 1/2 head lettuce, thickly sliced (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse codfish, place in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes; drain. Repeat process again and simmer until codfish is soft; and has lost most of its saltiness,drain.
- Remove skin and bones from codfish; break up into bite size pieces.
- In a seperate bowl combine codfish, add the onions, Potatoes, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Whisk together the Olive oil,vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Pour some over the codfish mixture and toss until the salad is all coated.
- Add sliced eggs, mix in carefully so as not to break the yolks.
- Pour more dressing after you added the eggs.