Ham And Cheese Filled Pork SchnitzelFrom birgitta 6 years ago
- 4 thin, lean and boneless pork cutlets shopping list
- 200 g gruyere cheese shopping list
- 4 slices good quality smoked ham shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp water shopping list
- 100 ml flour shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 100 ml bread crumbs shopping list
- oil & butter for frying shopping list
- lemon wedges to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Flatten the pork. Place one slice of smoked ham and a slice of cheese on one half of the cutlet. Fold it over to close (use a tooth pick to fasten).
- Whisk together egg and water in a deep plate. Mix the flour with salt and pepper and put on another plate and breadcrumbs on a third.
- Dip the meat in flour, then in egg and finally in breadcrumbs. Place the meat on a plate, put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan cook until a nice, golden colour and the meat is done (time depends on thickness of course, 5-7 min per side).
- Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the meat.