Best Vegan Carrot CakeFrom cgendy 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 3 Cups shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cup of sugar shopping list
- 2 Cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons of baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons of cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 Cup of orange juice shopping list
- 3/4 Cup of canola oil shopping list
- 1 Cup of raisins shopping list
- 1 Cup of Chopped walnuts shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Tofutti cream cheese or other kind of soy cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 Cup vegan margarine shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Do not use a hand mixer for this recipe, use a ladle or spoon.
- Mix all the dry Ingredients together.
- Then mix in the Carrots and the Oil to the dry ingredients.
- Add the Orange Juice and mix it all together.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins
- Grease pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Put the batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife/toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Let cool completely
- Beat cream cheese and margarine together.
- Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla together with hand mixer.
- Pipe into a plastic ziplock bag and close bag.
- When cake is completely cool, cut a little snip off the bottom corner of the ziplock bag and drizzle the creamy frosting over the top of the cake as pictured.
- Or you can always just frost it regular.
The Cookcgendy Manalapan, NJ
The Rating10 people
I am a big fan of carrot cake...GOOD one!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This was also my first attempt at baking. Love this cake as I don't eat eggs and this cake doesn't even use egg replacer powder. I did reduce the the raisins to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup almonds. Love it! So did the family! Thank you for sharing :)krupa in Toronto loved it
I'm going to have to try this for my vegan friends!! Sounds very yummy!markeverett in Riverside loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!