BBQ Steak Sandwiches with Smothered OnionsFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 to 12 slices (1 pound) minute steaks, seasoned to taste with salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup CATTLEMEN'S® Authentic Smoke House barbecue sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup French's® worcestershire sauce or Frank's® REDHOT® cayenne pepper sauce shopping list
- 8 slices Jack or American cheese shopping list
- 4 sub or hero rolls, split shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet until very hot. Cook steak pieces 5 minutes until browned, turning once; remove from skillet.
- 2. Sauté onion in same skillet until tender. Add barbecue sauce and Worcestershire. Heat through.
- 3. Spoon saucy onions on bottom of rolls, dividing evenly. Arrange 2 to 3 pieces steak on bottom of each roll and top with 2 slices cheese. Close rolls.
- Tip: Substitute 1 pound deli roast beef but do not cook meat.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating2 people
I cooked a delicious 12 pound Texas BBQ brisket a few weeks ago from one of our Foodie Friends. I still have about 4 pounds left and this would be a great way to serve it. Thanks for the post.vino4dino in Baltimore loved it
Wonderful! Cattlemans BBQ is simply the best and this makes it even better!jeannej in Raleigh loved it