Louisiana JambalayaFrom jlperilla 9 years ago
- 3 lbs. shrimp shopping list
- 1 lb. smoked sausage (chroizo works good) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 cup onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup green peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 16 oz. can tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. basil shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or more, if you so desire) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the shrimp.
- Slice the sausage and saute in oil and butter over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, green peppers, celery and garlic and saute slowly until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, seasonings, rice and stock.
- Add the shrimp and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until rice is fluffy.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking add the green onions and chopped parsley.
The Cookjlperilla Anchorage, AK
The Rating7 people
Great recipe sounds so good I love Cajun food of all sorts.
Have a great evening!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
OK. Going to give it a try. I will let you know.tillia in Warminster loved it
Great and Easy recipe. I made a few cooking changes,to streamline the process, but kept the ingredients. It was very good, and a co-worker asked for the recipe. Thank you!tillia in Warminster loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!