Indian Lemon PickleFrom waterlily 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup light-tasting oil shopping list
- 3 T salt shopping list
- 1 t turmeric shopping list
- 1 t ground fenugreek seed shopping list
- 1 t yellow mustard seed shopping list
- 1 t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 t fennel seeds shopping list
- 6-12 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2-4 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 18 lemons shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. When oil is hot, add all the ingredients except the lemons. Cook over low heat for about a minute, taking care not to brown the garlic. Set aside. While this spices cool a bit, wash and quarter the UNpeeled lemons. Pack the lemons into a wide-mouth gallon jar. Pour the spices and oil over the lemons and close the jar tightly. Shake the jar and roll the juices around every day. You'll need to open the jar every few days to let gases escape. The pickles will be cured in 2-3 weeks. Keep them in the refrigerator and they will keep for about 2 months.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating1 people
Thank you, I have a passion for lemon anything. I have made preserved lemons before but your recipe sounds wonderful. Saved and can't wait to try it.
I think this is a sure 5!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!