Coconut Fish A La DominicanaFrom dcruzarelli 8 years ago
- 4 lbs. of Poagy fish or red snapper shopping list
- Adobo shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 4 Sweet Cubenelle pepper chopped and cleaned of seeds shopping list
- Fresh cilantro Chopped shopping list
- 1 Sour orange (juiced) shopping list
- 1/2 can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 canned coconut milk*( You can substitue fresh coconut milk for the canned coconut milk if you dont find it) shopping list
How to make it
- Clean fish well and cut each fish into 2 or 3 nice sized pieces.
- Season fish with adobo(inside and out) and oregano.
- Pour sour orange over fish, set aside.
- In shallow pan (lge enough to hold fish) heat coconut milk over medium heat.
- To the coconut milk, add the cubenelle peppers, cilantro and the tomato sauce.
- Stir constantly to prevent from lumping until mixture boils.
- Place fish in pan and let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, until liquid reduces to about half.
- Rotate fish regularly(use Caution taking care it does not fall apart )
- With Large Spoon take some of the sauce and pour over fish until submerged in it.
- Adjust salt to taste and Voila.
- Serve Hot with a moro*(Dominican Rice and Beans) and avocado.
The Cookdcruzarelli 11214
- Not added to any groups yet!