Roasted Vegetable LasagnaFrom herquiltness 7 years ago
- 1 eggplant (1 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushroom, cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 3 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 2 sweet red pepper, cut lengthwise into 6 pieces shopping list
- 3 Tblsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 carton (15 oz.) reduced-fat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (or 2 whole eggs) shopping list
- 1 jar (26 oz.) chunky meatless pasta sauce shopping list
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles shopping list
- 2 cups (8 oz.)shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 3 Tblsp. minced fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Coat two 15x10x1 baking pans with nonstick cooking spray. Place eggplant and mushrooms on a prepared pan. Place the zucchini and red pepper on the second pan. Combine the oil and garlic; brush over both sides of the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400F for 15 minutes. Turn vegetables over. Bake 15 minutes longer. Remove eggplant and mushrooms. Bake zucchini and red pepper 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are browned.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg substitute. Spread about 1/4 cup pasta sauce in a 13x9x2 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer with four lasagna noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the vegetables, a third of pasta sauce and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with half of basil. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles and pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings. (I served 8 people, and we had over 1/3 of this recipe left! These must be 9 HUGE servings!)
- 1 piece equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholestrerol, 820 mg sodium, 40 g. carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
The Cookherquiltness Decorah, IA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!