Spring RollsFrom rockstar 5 years ago
- Dipping Sauce shopping list
- ============= shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 3 Tbsps rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbsps fish sauce shopping list
- 3 Tbsps honey shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste shopping list
- 1/3 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen shopping list
- Spring rolls shopping list
- ============ shopping list
- 1 cup carrots, julienne shopping list
- 2 Tbsps toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 3 scallions, finely sliced shopping list
- 4 cups finely sliced cabbage shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Filo dough shopping list
How to make it
- Dipping Sauce
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes until the cranberries start to split.
- Strain if desired.
- Spring Rolls
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the carrots in the oil until soft.
- Add the scallions and cook until all the liquid in the skillet has evaporated.
- Add the cabbage and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the rice, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Mix well and adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay a sheet of filo on a flat surface.
- Brush with oil and cover with another sheet. Brush again with oil. Spoon 1/3 of the filling along one of the long sides.
- Roll into a cylinder.
- Cut the cylinder into 6 rolls.
- Place the rolls on the baking sheet and brush with oil.
- Repeat for the remaining ingredients.
- Bake until crisp and brown, around 25 minutes.
The Cookrockstar Hamilton, CA
The Rating3 people
I find it interesting that you use Filo dough in place of wanton wrappers.I like the cranberries in your sauce;I use apple sauce, chili paste and agave nector, or honey a squeeze of lemon or orange .
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!