Tracys Carrot CakeFrom lorilyn 5 years ago
- 6 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins shopping list
- splash rum shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, drain pineapple juice, add a dash of rum, pour in raisins.
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 10 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the white sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until absorbed. Finally stir in the carrot mixture, straining out the liquid as you go. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. When completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- (3 - 8” rounds instead of the recommended 2 - 10” rounds will shorten the bake time to about 30-45 mins.)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.
The Cooklorilyn Lexington, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!