Peppered Strip SteaksFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns crushed shopping list
- 4 strip steaks shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Rub peppercorns into both sides of each steak then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Warm an ungreased heavy skillet over medium high heat then brown steaks on both sides.
- Add butter and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes with the steaks turning at least once.
- Add Worcestershire and cook 5 minutes longer turning at least once desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steaks and keep warm under foil then add red wine, mustard and sugar to skillet.
- Stir to blend with steak drippings.
- In a separate small bowl blend together cornstarch and water.
- Pour liquid into simmering sauce in skillet then bring sauce to boil and cook until thickened.
- Serve sauce over steaks.