The Real Deal Beef StroganoffFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 stick sweetened butter shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 pounds filet mignon shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms sliced lengthwise shopping list
- 2 envelopes gravy seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large skillet and sauté onion until soft but not brown then remove to baking dish.
- Sauté mushrooms briefly in same skillet then remove to dish with onions.
- Slice beef across grain into 1/4" rounds.
- Lay each round on a board and slice with the grain into 1/4" wide strips.
- Transfer meat to a bowl then add flour and mix well.
- Remove meat to skillet where onions and mushrooms were sautéed then cook over medium.
- Continue cooing until meat is no longer pink.
- Add mustard, broth, 1 cup water, salt and heavy cream then mix with onions and mushrooms.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes then just before serving stir in sour cream.