Ginger Chicken With VegetablesFrom rodeogirl73 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 c red bell peppers, strips shopping list
- 1 c sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 16 fresh pea pods, cut in half crosswise shopping list
- 1/2 c sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- 1/4 c sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2/3 c reduced sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tbsp splenda shopping list
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 4 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tbsp veg oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp veg oil in skillet. Add red peppers, mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, green onions, ginger & garlic. Stir-fry mixture 3-4 mins until veggies are crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, splenda, soy sauce, cornstarch, & sesame oil until smooth. Stir in chicken; heat through. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot rice.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!