Singapore-style RojakFrom mystic75 7 years ago
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 100g peeled and cubed pineapple shopping list
- 100g bangkuang (jicama), cubed(tulip bulb) shopping list
- 2 pieces fried beancurd, sliced shopping list
- 100g bean sprouts shopping list
- 100g water spinach shopping list
- 100g jellyfish or preserved squid shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger flower shopping list
- 1 deep-fried dough stick, sliced shopping list
- Dressing : shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp soaked in 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 300g roasted peanuts, crushed shopping list
- 6 tablespoons black prawn paste shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground dried red chillies, fried in 1 teaspoon oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the cucumber, pineapple, bangkuang and bean curd into bite-sized pieces.
- Blanch the bean sprouts and water spinach for 10 seconds, remove and drain.
- Clean the jellyfish and cut into strips; peel and clean the squid and cut into pieces.
- To prepare the Dressing, mash and strain the tamarind and discard any solids to obtain juice. Combine the tamarind juice with two thirds of the crushed peanuts and all other Dressing ingredients in a large salad bowl and mix well.
- Add the vegetables and other ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with the remaining peanuts and serve.