Light Strawberry PieFrom slevans 7 years ago
- 1 8 oz can unsweetened crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1 package sugar-free "cook and serve" vanilla pudding shopping list
- 1 package, .3 ounce, sugar-free strawberry gelatin mix shopping list
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries shopping list
- 1 8-inch graham-cracker crust shopping list
- whipped cream Topping shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in 2 cup measuring cup. Set pineapple aside. Add water to pineapple juice to make 1-1/2 cups of liquid. Whisk in the pudding mix and gelatin and stir until combined. Place in a saucepan, stirring constantly, bring to a boil for 1 to 2 mins. Remove from heat and stir in pineapple. Cool 10 mins. Add strawberries and toss gently untill all berries are coated. Pour into crust and refrigerate 3 hours. I took the time to arrange the strawberries on the top in a pretty design. Garnish with big dollop of whipped cream.
- I found recipe in The Villages Magazine - it was submitted by Bev Chamberlain who got it from Taste of Home. It was further slimmed down by using low-fat graham crust and low-fat whipped topping.