Curried Broccoli And Cauliflower SoupFrom katcooks 7 years ago
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1 lb broccoli florets shopping list
- 1 lb cauliflower florets shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 5 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 cups plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets and about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable broth to generate steam.
- Place lid on pot, reduce heat to medium, and steam vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and remaining broth. Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, ladle broth and vegetables into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to soup pot, heat over medium heat, and gradually whisk the yogurt and seasonings into the soup.
- Once combined, do not bring to a boil to prevent the yogurt from curdling. Serve warm.
- Note: Make sure to let the soup cool a bit before adding yogurt so the yogurt does not curdle. You can also add whole broccoli florets as seen in the photo.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkatcooks Newport, OR
The Rating2 people
Yummy, this looks wonderful, great combination of flavors.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I wish I would have had this when it was still cool outside. Now it is just too hot here to eat soup, but this will be the 1st soup I try in the fall. It sounds wonderful and so healthy!
We had a cool front come in so we had to try this. Q...moreturlak in Spring loved it