General Taos TofuFrom cutekitty996 7 years ago
- 1 box firm tofu shopping list
- egg substitute shopping list
- 3/4 cup corn starch shopping list
- veg. oil for frying shopping list
- 3 chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2/3 vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 4 tbsp sugar shopping list
- red pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp sherry (optional) shopping list
- 1tbsp white vinegar shopping list
- steamed broccoli shopping list
How to make it
- Drain, dry and cut tofu into 1 inch chunks. for best results freeze tofu the night before to get a more chicken-like consistency, but it isn't necessary. Mix the egg replacer as specified on the box and add addition 3 tbsp of water. dip tofu in egg replacer/water mixture and coat completely. sprinkle 3/4 cup cornstarch over tofu and coat completely. watch out that cornstarch doesn't clump at the bottom of bowl.
- Heat oil in pan and fry tofu pieces until golden. drain oil.
- Heat 3 tbsp veg. oil in pan on medium heat. add green onions, ginger and garlic, cook for about 2 minutes. be careful not to burn garlic. add vegetable stock, soy sauce, sugar, red pepper and vinegar. (add sherry if using it.) Mix 2 tbsp water with 1 tbsp cornstarch and pour into mixture stirring well. add fried tofu and coat evenly.
- Serve immediately with steamed broccoli over your choice of rice.
- If you want it saucier, double the sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookcutekitty996 Beach Lake, PA
The Rating5 people
sounds delicous thanks will try.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sound delicious and if it is anything like the chicken then I know it will be good. I love the sauce!
Five forks and a smile :)
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!