Amandari Smoked Salmon PastaFrom pascale 9 years ago
- 5 ripe heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1" pieces or 4 Heirlooms and a basket of cherry tomatoes (Sweet 100s work nicely), cut in half shopping list
- 3 shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons drained tiny capers shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves shopping list
- Zest of 2 organic lemons (Meyers work nicely) shopping list
- 8 ounces smoked salmon (I use hot smoked salmon, but to your preference), shredded or torn into small pieces shopping list
- 1/4-1/3 cup excellent extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more if you love pepper) shopping list
- 1 lb. dried angel hair -- (very thin) pasta shopping list
- Optional (I omit): 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, shallots, and capers.
- Add the tarragon, lemon zest, then the olive oil.
- Gently fold the ingredients together.
- Season with the pepper.
- Cover and let rest at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Shortly before serving, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the pasta and cook until just tender.
- Drain the pasta and divide among shallow pasta bowls.
- Top each portion evenly with the tomato mixture and shredded salmon.
- Sprinkle each portion with chopped egg, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- You may have some sauce left over, which, if so, is a good thing! Put it in the refrigerator and boil some more pasta tomorrow!