Stuffed Pork Chops wSweet Potato GravyFrom celtic_queen33 6 years ago
- 2 large sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 c half and half or heavy cream shopping list
- ½ cu butter shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 granny smith apple, diced shopping list
- ½ cup walnuts shopping list
- 1 c breadcrumbs shopping list
- 4 thick cut pork chops w/ pockets shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Cook sweet potatoes (boil or bake in their skins until fork tender.
- Peel and mash with half and half, and half the butter. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Reserve 1 cup of sweet potato mixture for stuffing. Place the remaining mixture into the baking dish.
- Mix together the reserved mixture, onion, apple, walnuts and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle pork chops with your favorite personal spices.
- Spoon stuffing inside of chops, and place atop the sweet potato mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours, depending on chop thickness
The Cookceltic_queen33 Woodhaven, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!