Italian Style Bread CrumbsFrom deliathecrone 7 years ago
- 3 cups crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- dash of salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley shopping list
- 2 teaspoons onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure virgin olive oil (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Save in an airtight container, all the crusts from your loaves of bread, especially the wheat! Include the heels of store-bought sandwich bread.
- Dry them in the oven, at a low temp. and then grind them with one of those old fashioned food grinders.
- Add to 3 cups of the crumbs the dry milk, brown sugar, salt, pepper, parsley, onion and garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- If you want a slightly more moist texture to your crumbs, add 1 Tbsp 100% pure virgin olive oil.
- Use bread crumbs as you would the store-bought varieties.