Cucumber goat cheese and soy nut sandwichFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed shopping list
- 8 thin slices rye bread shopping list
- 3 to 4 ounces soft goat cheese (chevre) shopping list
- 1/3 cup seasoned roasted soy nuts (such as ranch or garlic) shopping list
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan cook the pea pods in lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with goat cheese. Sprinkle 4 of the bread slices with the soy nuts, gently pressing nuts into the cheese. Top with cucumber, tomato, and pea pods. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Top with remaining bread slices.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Chevre is one of my favorite goat cheeses combining it with cucumber sandwiches makes for a nice offering for an early lunch gathering with some friends.Great idea Joymarie
Michaeltrigger in loved it
5cookingforfun in Marblehead loved it