Blackeyed Peas With MushroomsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3-1/2 cups canned black-eyed peas shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms cut into 1/8" slices shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 1" cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1-1/2 medium white onions chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 4 medium tomatoes peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds ground shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat some oil in a deep pan then fry cumin seeds and cinnamon stick for 5 seconds.
- Brown onions and garlic then throw in mushrooms and fry until they wilt.
- Cook in the tomatoes, coriander, cumin, turmeric and cayenne for 1 minute.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes then add all remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes then add cilantro just before serving.