Old Timers Cornbread DressingFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- 1 boiling chicken, cut up shopping list
- 3 stalks of celery finely chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped shopping list
- Recipe of your favorite cornbread shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 Can of cream of celery soup shopping list
- 1 Can of cream of chicken soup shopping list
How to make it
- Cook chicken in water to cover until very tender. Remove chicken, reserving broth. Cool slightly. Debone Chicken, discarding skin. Saute Onion and Celery until tender. Crumble Cornbread into very large bowl. Add onion and celery, eggs, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, Cream of Celery Soup, and Cream of Chicken Soup. Mix thoroughly. Add as much reserved stock as cornbread will absorb (usually about 3-4 cups). Mixture should be very loose. Place half of the cornbread mixture in large Dutch oven. Layer chicken meat in then cover with remaining mixture. Bake approximately 1 hour at 350F, or until golden brown. Serve with Giblet Gravy: Cook heart, liver, gizzard and neck in about 2 cups of water. Cool, reserving this broth; chop heart, liver and gizzard into small bites. Debone neck, discarding skin. Add meat back to stock. Add a Can of Cream of Chicken Soup and reheat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat through.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!