Chinese Almond CookiesFrom kidaria 9 years ago
- 1 c shortening at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 c white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp almond extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 11/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 tbs water shopping list
How to make it
- Cream lard with white and brown sugar until mixture is fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract. Blend well.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to cream mixture. Blend well.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Mix egg yolk and water. Brush the top of each cookie and press an almond or your favourite nut on top.
- Preheat oven at 350 and baked for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating4 people
I love these!buzzbear in New Westminister loved it
Delicious, light, crisp, easy to make. Used Trader Joe's almond flour. Like the egg white only finish. So much better than store bought for Chinese themed function.whatsittastelike in loved it