Chinese Almond CookiesFrom kidaria 5 years ago
- 1 c shortening at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 c white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp almond extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 11/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 tbs water shopping list
How to make it
- Cream lard with white and brown sugar until mixture is fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract. Blend well.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to cream mixture. Blend well.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Mix egg yolk and water. Brush the top of each cookie and press an almond or your favourite nut on top.
- Preheat oven at 350 and baked for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.