Mini Hedge Hog Potatoes with Yogurt-mint dipping SauceFrom rockstar 8 years ago
- potatoes shopping list
- ========= shopping list
- 8-12 smallish new potatoes (preferably of assorted colors) shopping list
- 6 large cloves of garlic, sliced into very-thin rounds shopping list
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp harissa (we substituted Achiote powder) shopping list
- fine-grain sea salt shopping list
- yogurt sauce shopping list
- ============ shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fine-grain sea salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash and dry the potatoes (scrub if very dirty).
- Act as though you were going to cut each potato into very thin crosswise slices, but cut only about 80% of the way through (the potatoes need to stay intact).
- Toss the garlic, olive oil, harissa (or other spices of your choosing), and a couple of pinches of salt together in a small bowl.
- Tuck garlic slices into crevices of potatoes and rub the outside of the potatoes with any leftover harissa-spiked olive oil.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and place them on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake another 20 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, make the dipping sauce.
- Combine yogurt, mint, cilantro, salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl and stir well.
- Serve the potatoes with the dipping sauce on the side or drizzled on top.
The Cookrockstar Hamilton, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!