Baked BrisketFrom annieamie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a large roasting pan covered in Release Aluminum foil. Make your foil large enough so that you have at least five inches of extra foil on each side and end fo the pan.
- With your brisket on a board, fat side UP, using a sharp knife, slice through the top layer of fat diagonally across the brisket.
- Turn your brisket and slice again, across the fat, making small "diamond" shaped cuts.
- If you have a five pound brisket, sprinkle the entire brisket with ONE package of Lipton's Onion Soup mix. (If you have a whole brisket, use two packages!)
- Sprinkle the Wrights Liquid Smoke over the top of the brisket.
- Take another large piece of aluminum and place over the top of the beef, folding to seal with the aluminum on the bottom of the pan.
- Cut three slits into the aluminum to allow the steam out.
- Place this into the oven and cook untouched for three hours.
- Remove the top foil and bake until the brisket is tender.
- Once removed from the oven, cover loosely with the foil and let cool to room temperature.
- Remove the brisket from a pan and slice agains the grain and serve.
- The sauce or gravy in the bottom of the pan can now be poured on to the brisket to add more flavor.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating1 people
wonderful recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it