Southwest Cornbread SaladFrom crabhappychick 9 years ago
- 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix baked, cooled & crumbled coarsely shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed shopping list
- 1 green pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 can corn, DelMonte Summer Crisp, drained or leftover corn on the cob cut off shopping list
- 6 green onions, sliced well into the green tops shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes, fresh, chopped (reserve a little for decoration) shopping list
- 8 ounces ranch salad dressing, made fresh from packet shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- pickled jalapenos, slices shopping list
How to make it
- In a glass bowl (to show off how pretty this is), layer: cornbread, black beans, green pepper, 1/2 the ranch dressing, corn, green onions, tomatoes, rest of the ranch dressing and shredded cheddar.
- Chill 2-3 hours. Garnish with reserved tomatoes and pickled jalepeno slices.
- Serve with additional ranch dressing to drizzle over.
- Note: To make this gluten free Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix is gluten-free. Make the ranch dressing with this or use a prepared gf ranch dressing to make it easy. For the cornbread portion use Gluten Free Pantry cornbread mix - use just 1/2 of the baked cornbread and proceed as above.